CHINA ETHNIC MINORITY EXPLORER
April 26 - May 14 with Spring Tribal Festival
Lusheng (bamboo flute) music at a tribal festival - Steven Werner
Celebrate colorful tribal festivals with the local people in their villages. Visit the largest market in Yunan!
We pioneered ethnic minority festival and study tours for UCLA Extension back in the 80s. Join us on this exciting trip to meet some of Yunnan's 25 ethnic groups who still maintain their customs and traditional outfits.
* Photograph a multi-ethnic outdoor dance drama at scenic Jade Snow Mountain in Lijiang.
* Not to be missed is a walk down Tiger Leaping Gorge!
* Have Yak butter tea with Tibetan Monks at the stupendous 300-Year old hilltop monastery in SHANGRI-LA!
* View Meili Snow Mountain in remote Deqin - the most sacred pilgrimage site for Tibetans.
* Drive past idyllic villages along the scenic bend of the Yangtze River & visit Tibetan farmers in their farmhouses.