GREAT INDIA FESTIVALS: Kumbh Mela & Jaisalmer Desert Festival
February 14 - March 1, 2019
~ * ~
Sadhus bathing in the holy Ganges River
Camel Fair in India - Pat Spector
Join us on this once in a lifetime event to witness the Great Kumbh Mela where thousands of pilgrims come to bathe in the holy river. Stay in luxurious tents with butler service on a hill overlooking the Kumbh Mela grounds! We are fortunate to be able to also attend the colorful desert festival in Jaisalmer with camel contests, music and dancing! Revel in the shimmering desert sands of this golden city, ride a camel at sunset on the sand dunes and enjoy a jeep safari to a village nearby.
- The Kumbh Mela promises an eternal life free of sins to which millions are drawn to bathe in the holy river.
- Photograph camel contests, visit with the brightly turbaned locals at the colorful Jaisalmer Desert Festival.
- Be welcomed in the home of the Maharaja in the ancient city of Lucknow.
- Enjoy a sunrise boat ride on the Ganges River to see pilgrims at prayer.
- Explore Silver Street in Old Delhi and have dinner at an outstanding Indian fusion restaurant.
Luxury Tent, Kumbh Mela
Young Sadhu's Morning Prayers, Varanasi
Procession leaving for Snan (bath) at the Kumbh Mela
Call 800-825-1680 to reserve space now!
ASIAN PACIFIC ADVENTURES
6065 Calvin Ave, Tarzana, CA 91356